5481 Insulated 'Slipper' Torque Wrench 3/8"D 5 - 25Nm
A fully insulated torque wrench manufactured to IEC60900 2012 standards for 1000vAC / 1500vDC live working. Ideal for use on hybrid and electric vehicles. This torque wrench uses a 'slipper' type release mechanism instead of a traditional click mechanism. When the wrench arrives at the set torque it will slip and continue to slip until the load is removed. Any subsequent application of torque will result in the wrench continuing to slip ensuring the set limits cannot be accidently overridden as can happen with more traditional click type wrenches.
- 'Slipper' type wrench, helps reduce the chances of accidental over torque. Ideal for low torque electrical fixings.
- Range: 5 - 25Nm (4 - 18lb-ft). 43 teeth ratchet mechanism; 3/8"D x 265mm long.
- Reversible ratchet, 'slipper' function allows for both RH & LH applications.
- Accuracy: ±6% tolerance from the set scale value.
- All Laser torque wrenches (mechanical & digital) are supplied with a certificate of conformance & calibration produced at point of manufacture, as per ISO6789-1:2017. Repair kit available, please see Part No. 61543.
- All Laser torque wrenches (mechanical & digital) are supplied with a certificate of conformance & calibration produced at point of manufacture, as per ISO6789-1:2017
TSP: £336.48 ex VAT £403.78 inc VAT
Keep safe when working with electric & hybrid cars
With the increasing number of hybrid and electric vehicles on the road, the demand from workshops for correctly insulated tools has grown significantly. Laser Tools have recently introduced a 3/8" drive torque wrench (part number 5481) and a versatile 3/8" drive socket set (part number 5482) — these insulated tools have been designed to protect technicians working on electric and hybrid vehicles and other high voltage applications. The systems in these vehicles can have up to 500 volts running through some cables — enough to cause serious harm.
The torque wrench has a quick release function and works in the range 5-25Nm. The socket set has 14 sockets ranging from 6mm to 19mm, the smooth 3/8" drive ratchet handle has a quick release functions and 150mm and 250mm insulated extension bars are included.
Both the torque wrench and socket set have VDE and GS certification and are IEC rated to 1000 volts making these tools the first choice for safety when working on electric and hybrid vehicles.
For further details, please contact the Marketing Department: 01926 818196